(17 oct 2012: this post is obsolete since the second edition of `Natural Topology’ is now available)
I will use this post to list minor errata in the book `Natural Topology’ (see previous post), which of course only leap to my eye after finishing the manuscript. Hopefully they won’t run into the hundreds…but I will no doubt have to update from time to time.
- definition A.3.1 should read: ` is a thin bar on iff for each successor point there is a unique with .’ (and where `successor point’ is defined in definition A.3.16 (a))
- on page 99, three quarters down, it should read: `Brouwer sharply demonstrated this mathematically, with various clever examples, showing e.g. that for an arbitrary real-valued continuous function on the real interval one cannot always construct an in where assumes a maximum.’
- on page 108, `expliticized’ should of course read `explicitized’.
- on pages 42, 43, 80 (except the footnote) and 111, the term `computability´ should be replaced by `computational´ or `computational practice´.
- in the bibliography, [Kle1969] should of course read: `S.C. Kleene. Formalized Recursive Functionals and Formalized Realizability,
Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 89, American Mathematical Society, 1969.’